This is the first Keyhole quilt top I put together at the Fall Shipshewana Retreat in 2011. Made with a Bali Pop in Pomegranate. 54″ square. I like this one the best of the three I’ve made.
Well November seems to have completely passed me by, so I’ll report on my October Goals:
1. Finish my Swirl jacket (Knitting). Done and donated to One Warm Coat. This one just didn’t feel right on me so I gave it to someone who will get much more use and warmth out of it. Here’s my granddaughter modeling it.
2. Make Alaska Wall Hanging at Ships. Finished the top at Ships, which was my goal.
3. Make Crossroads top at Ships. Finished this top at Ships, which was the goal. Mine is one the left. Muffet’s is on the right.
4. Quilt my Asian Sampler top. October’s UFO. This one didn’t happen. Too busy with my new knitting project.
For December, my goals will have to be simple.
1. Finish my Water and Stone sweater.
2. Finish the two pair of fingerless gloves for Christmas gifts.
3. Start and finish the Mielie Vest which my KAL group is starting on 12/4.
4. Finish and donate the 20 pillowcases I have started and donate them to SF Quiltworks. This used up 22 yards of stash fabric. Yay!
I will also be keeping up with the latest Quiltville Mystery each week.
Linking to Judy’s Getting It Done post.
I’ve been a poor blogger these past weeks. Having too much fun I guess. Haven’t been reading any blogs either. That’s unusual for me.
So here is what I accomplished in September against my four goals:
1. Finish the center of Lazy Sunday. (Not committing to the border) DONE
2. Finish hand sewing binding on Monster Bash. DONE
3. Cut and prep fabrics for Shipshewana. DONE and packed
4. Quilt one more UFO that is waiting to be quilted. Not done. I’ve been knitting instead.
In addition, I finished sewing the binding down on my Christmas Mystery that has been a UFO for a very long time. Not the oldest I have, but close.
What have I been doing instead of quilting? Knitting.
- I finished the knitting on my Swirl jacket and blocked it. Now I have to sew the one long seam to finish it.
- I started knitting on fingerless mitt’s for Sloane for Christmas.
- I tried knitting a sock from patterns on the Internet. But failed in sizing. So I attended a class at Nine Rubies on 9/30 and got some great help. Eventually I’ll try socks again.
So now on to goals for October before it’s half over.
1. Finish my Swirl jacket (Knitting).
2. Make Alaska Wall Hanging at Ships.
3. Make Crossroads top at Ships.
4. Quilt my Asian Sampler top. October’s UFO.
The first three are slam dunks, but number 4 will be a challenge to get that far this month.
Well, I never got around to posting goals for August so I’ll have to comment on my July goals.
1. Finish the Caroler Table Runner. My UFO number 8 for this month.
2. Pull fabrics for my Shipsie project. Muffet has challenged me since she has her fabrics pulled already.
3. Quilt Monster Bash
Done. And the first part of the binding is sewn down. Working on the hand sewing now.
4. Bind Christmas Quilt that I just finished hand quilting.
Well, the binding is sewed down but the hand sewing still needs to be done.
My goals for September are:
- Finish the center of Lazy Sunday. (Not committing to the border)
- Finish hand sewing binding on Monster Bash.
- Cut and prep fabrics for Shipshewana.
- Quilt one more UFO that is waiting to be quilted. (Not sure which one yet.)
These should be easy enough. Linking up to Judy’s post a little late.
Wow, May is finished for 2013. Time is really flying for me. Sigh!
For May, my goals were:
1. Border or sandwich one of the Key Hole quilts. Have to decide whether it gets borders or quilted as is.
I chose the Summer Batik Key Hole top and no border on this one. It’s now backed with some yellow yardage from stash and sandwiched ready for quilting this summer.
2. Quilt either Monster Bash or Jared Takes a Wife, or both.
Jared Takes a Wife is quilted.
3. Finish the Pineapple Blossom blocks.
All 20 Pineapple Blossom blocks are finished.
4. Get Part 1 and 2 Lazy Sunday pieces done before the next issue is released.
Lazy Sunday is up to date and I’m ready to start on Part 3.
June will be a short month for me since I’ll be on vacation the last week and no sewing will be happening. So my goals for June are:
1. Finish hand quilting the Christmas quilt.
2. Sash the Asian Sampler blocks
3. Bind Jared Takes a Wife
4. Complete Blocks Y and Z for Lazy Sunday
Linking up to Judy’s Getting it Done post.