Getting It Done in March/April Goals

My March goals were:

  • Complete the blocks for 9-Surrounded at retreat in Danville
    Not only did I complete the blocks, I got them all sashed with cornerstones, ready for borders.

  • Complete the blocks for Picnic at retreat in Danville
    Didn’t touch this one. I had too much fun making Scrappy Trip Around the World blocks instead.

  • Sandwich Orca Bay
    Not only did I get this one sandwiched, but it is now quilted (as of yesterday) and the binding is half sewn down. I had it in my head that my goal was to finish this quilt. Silly me.

  • Finish the baby quilt started in February
    Done and delivered.

In addition, to these goals, I:

  • Sandwiched Easy Street, Asian Splendor, and Roll Roll Cotton Boll.
  • I found a layout I like for the Pink Roll Roll Cotton Boll blocks I have finished.
  • Made a Topponcino for my niece who is expecting a girl in August.
  • Started a black and white quilt for my grandson.
  • Did quite a bit of hand quilting on the Christmas quilt that has been hanging around for way to long.

I’ll post pics of these accomplishments in another post.

For April, I’d like to:

  1. Sandwich Monster Bash (Need to choose and make a backing first.)
  2. Quilt Easy Street (Sandwiched and ready to go)
  3. Quilt Roll Roll Cotton Boll Blue. (Sandwiched and ready to go)
  4. Border one of the Key Hole quilts. (Decisions, decisions….)

Hooking this up to Judy’s Getting it Done in March post.

Productive Saturday

Today, I did the following:

  • Pieced the triangles needed to complete the sashing pieces for Orca Bay
  • Started adding more triangles to the HSTs for the Orca Bay border. These will be done as leaders and Enders for awhile.
  • Added red inner and blue outer borders on the construction truck quilt.
  • Pieced the pink and purple backing for Sloane’s Happy Child quilt.

Also, today I realized I miscounted the number of four patches I need for Part 1 of Easy Street. I made 63 but I need 130 or so. I’m afraid I will use up all the grey fabric on these and not have any for other parts of the quilt, so I think I will hold off making the additional four patches until more of the parts are revealed and I see where else the grey is used. In the meantime, I grabbed a grey top sheet that Mark wasn’t using for Darby’s bed and I will keep that in reserve if I need more grey. It matches the grey tone on tone I’m already using.